Sunday, August 9, 2009

Movie Review - "Julie & Julia"

All right,

I know what people might say - if people actually read this blog, "Dude! That's like, a total chick flick!"

OK, first let me address those who might say that and accuse me of being limp wristed, "Bite me!" I apologize to no one. I like a well written and well acted movie, and the crap that the industry spews out on a regular basis is really tiresome.

I owe my taste in music, art and film to a select group of people in my life who understand that content and more importantly the quality of that content in any artistic field is all that really matters. In the area of film, I owe to one of my best friends (a woman) the joy of having seen some of the best films ever. The minute we saw the trailer for "Julie & Julia", we both agreed it was a must see.

Folks, this movie could not have been casted any better, Maryl Streep damn near channeled the Julia we all grew up with, Stanley Tuccii is as near to perfection as one can be, and I'm totally enamored with Amy Adams as Julie.

How to describe this movie without giving anything away..., it's charming, witty, appetizing, and all around good fun! This is the ultimate date movie for those who are not complete idiots, or lack the necessary appreciation to watch a movie without constant explosions or gratuitous sex scenes.

If you haven't seen the trailer for this yet and are wondering if it's for you, go to the web site at... http://www.julieandjulia.com

Movies similar to this are...

Chocolat - go here for IMDB details... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0241303
Big Night - go here for IMDB details... http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0115678

Bon' Appetit!

Joe


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review! I will keep an eye out for this movie. I loved Chocolat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw 500 Days of Summer, I'll be posting a review soon...

    I think I'm gonna have to go see a manly man movie soon though...you know just to bring some balance back into my life. :)

    ReplyDelete