Thursday, August 27, 2009

Boycotting...clearly Un-American effort to kill free speech...

Uhm...what the hell?

That's what I said when I heard about the Wall Street Journal's publication of Co-founder and CEO of Whole Foods, John Mackey's feelings about the Public Option plan. So here we have the figurehead of a corporation, who's business is literally revered by it's liberal minded customers, giving his opinion on health care reform and the so called Public Option plan.

Just so you know, I am not a fan of large corporately run grocers or big box stores. I avoid them as often as I can, as I prefer to keep my money spent, local. I do categorize Whole Foods as a corporate franchise.

Whole Foods is thought to be a bastion of organically grown, democratic liberalism. Apparently that is a misconception, if you doubt me, please feel free to read the conservative right tripe, that Whole Foods CEO John Mackey, has parroted for an industry that has brought you the finest health care system in the world...err...well the 37th best.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204251404574342170072865070.html

As you can imagine, this has sparked a growing movement to boycott Whole Foods markets.

So guess what? All those folks out there that were real big on the "Tea Bag" movement sponsored by various (one in particular) news outlets, are now stating that this sort of boycott proves that commie liberals are out to squash free speech.

I'm sorry, did I miss something here?

What frustrates the heck out of me, is that while I support health care reform and the need for a Public Option, it's only going to aid the ignorant fools who fight so hard against it, to breed more of themselves!

It's a hard thing sometimes, to be right.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment