Friday, August 21, 2009

500 Days of Summer

OK, I do recall a promise I made to Anne that I'd do a review on this movie.

"500 Days of Summer" is a very nicely done, love story. It is a love story, none of us bought the add, did we? This was a delightful film, done with a measure of cinematography that was very refreshing.

I'll admit, there was a brief scene where I was terribly worried we'd gone to see a musical, that would have been a very painful event for me, as their is no faster way to put me to sleep than to make me watch a filmed musical. If I want to see a musical, I'll go to a live theatrical play, which admittedly is very rare. :)

Joseph Gordon-Levitt shows us again the depth of his acting talent, this kid is good! He's got Heath Ledger looks but with a depth for acting that I think is still relatively untapped. Of course I didn't exactly go to see him so much as my latest female favorite acting talent, Zooey Deschanel.

Deschanel has been a favorite of mine since the 2000 release of "Almost Famous", she like Gordon-Levitt, has such tremendous depth and appeal that I would imagine we'll all be seeing her for quite some time.

So as usual I'm not gonna give much of anything away, this was a film that many if not most people who've been friends with someone they wanted to be more than a friend with, can easily relate to. As a guy, I can certainly relate to the Gordon-Levitt character.

Go see it, it's good clean fun! :)

http://www.foxsearchlight.com/500daysofsummer/


2 comments:

  1. Hi Joe,

    Thanks for the movie review. Last weekend I was looking around and wondering what to go to. I ended up watching Wizards at home.

    We have to figure out a way to email!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spreading the word on good movies, especially when they are less mainstream and low budget types.

    Thankfully I have a friend who enlightens me regularly on what to see. :)

    This weekends review will be..."Taking Woodstock".

    ReplyDelete